Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thursday

Dan often says our house looks like Pinterest come to life. I choose to look at that as a compliment. This week I brought a few more ideas to life. 


Good Ol' Washington

With a route we know so well


I bought a mirror from a CL gal today for $5. We had to drive a bit out of the way but for $5 I was willing. Before the mirror was that pre-fab wood, not my favorite. 


Thankfully, today wasn't too hot so I did the remodel outside, after taping the edges of course. 


I originally envisioned the mirror sitting atop our mantle but it is so huge, and heavy that it makes a better dressing mirror. Don't you just love a good bargain?



As we were driving today I thought of you, yes you my reader, I thought about the chuckle you'd get driving around down here, probably the same chuckle you hear from us as we discover our new home.  Two things you may already think you know about the south, and you would be right. One, they are proud of their southern heritage and two, proud of their football. 

Forever in the heart of Dixie.



All I knew about Paul Bear Bryant before coming here was....nothing. I'd heard his name before but only as the dog on the movie Sweet Home Alabama. When we came in June I was awakened to the legend before us. There is of course a street named after him as well, and I'm sure a few other things I'm missing. 



It's a serious thing the south and their ways. 




No comments:

Post a Comment