Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 13

I have to keep reminding myself that we've only been here for 13 days. I remember telling my mother in law that I wasn't feeling so rushed this time around to get things in order, to settle in and such. That was the me of last month, the me of today totally disagrees with her. I am not a patient person. I would prefer if we were already involved at church, if we had living here down pat instead of being in this phase of ‘transition’ (said with disdain). Alas, we are here and are learning.

Dan starts teaching this week, which is exactly what we came here for. That feels good to be starting something, even if it isn't me teaching. He’s gone into work several times since we moved, having lunches and meetings and training but Wednesday is his first day of class. Wouldn't you be excited if you were him? I know I would be, and am FOR him. I wasn't a fan of school while in it but looking over his lesson plans and curriculum gets me excited. He gets to provide his students with skills and tools and I can just imagine how fun it’s going to be.


Aside from my job of finding a job I've been making our space homey. I found this beat up night stand at a rummage sale and gave it a fresh coat of paint. 

Before

After

1 comment:

  1. very, very nice find. oh transition, I feel like once high school graduation hits, there is no getting away from it.

    ReplyDelete