Friday, August 2, 2013

One more night

There are no words, just frustration. This thing is like an onion. We walked over to the mechanic's shop several times today and each time he had more bad news for us as he discovered more of the bad work from Les Schwab. Maybe my Wenatchee friends would have some good things to say about Les Schwab but this time I do not. I have a definite bone to pick with them. Turns out when they replaced the brakes on Wednesday they put on the wrong equipment. I'm not too savy with car lingo but something about rotor, calibers and lug nuts. All of it boils down to more time in Billings as our mechanic works long and hard to fix a job that should have been done properly on Wednesday.

At least our truck and therefore all of our possessions are locked nicely in an air conditioned shop away from the weather and those who might be tempted to take my blender or silverware home with them.

We've decided to switch up our adventure and head to Nashville as quickly as possible. We will miss Dan's aunt and brother but Susan and Brad, our road trip buddies who we've yet to road trip with, are leaving Nashville by airplane on Monday and we need to get our car, which by the way is having no problems, ironic I know. So our new plan of action is to drive to Denver tomorrow- our car is scheduled to be done around 12...

After Denver we'd overnight in St. Louis and then Nashville. My friend Michelle said Kansas is worth missing but I think North Dakota and Nebraska leave little to be desired as well so Kansas it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment