Monday, August 26, 2013

Bow to your partner

Today marks one year of marriage with Daniel McCurry. 

I know, we are excited about it too!






We did not imagine we would be here 365 days ago, here as in Alabama, we did imagine and plan on being here; as in married and celebrating said marriage 365 days ago and 364 and 363, etc. Today we celebrated in some unconventional ways. Maybe you have a story like ours. No dinner at a fancy restaurant, no tropical vacation. Today we celebrated most of our day on campus. 


I dropped Dan off at work, which has become our normal routine. Hurried off for a quick doctors appointment and then joined Dan for a homemade PB and J lunch people watching and celebrating our year. I left Dan to finish his teaching day and then joined him for a quick drink at Starbucks, again on campus. After our iced drinks were finished we joined a welcome party for Dan's department- faculty, staff and families included. 

I didn't think I'd be spending my anniversary square dancing but that is how we ended up spending our evening. This picture, of course, doesn't show us. I can't dance and take a photo, I'm not that talented but trust me we did our fare share of Dosydoe. Part of welcoming the international students was teaching them a traditional Country Western Dance. Their idea, not mine. I did actually enjoy it though. 



Happy First Anniversary my love, here is to many more unexpected adventures and celebrations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment