Saturday, August 10, 2013

A smattering if you will

I'm thinking our thermostat may need to be replaced, don't you?


It's cooler outside than it is in our apartment, more humid of course, but cooler. We had a second string maintenance man come by today. He added some... well we don't actually think he did anything. The number one man will be back on Monday, let's hope we don't have to spend too many more 90 degree nights sweating in bed. 



I thought you might enjoy seeing a "speed table". Yes, there are signs posted for the tables all over town. Bigger than your normal bump and odd enough I had to share with you. 


Two things have redeemed themselves today, Craigslist and estate sales. A few months back I swore off estate sales, too musty, creepy and funky but today I found a very lovely rocking chair- for a bargain too!

If you've been following the blog you know about all the woes we've had with Craigslist folk but today we met some real nice folks who sold us their dining room table and chairs. We appreciate their honesty, promptness and help loading the gear into the truck and now I have a place to eat my meals. 


2 comments: