Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Last

Today marked the last of something, at least I think it will be the last. The last meal to host the McCurry clan in our current home. (I forgot to take a picture when the table was at its best so you'll have to use your imagination)
This year I've had the opportunity to host my in laws in my home many times over. Sister in law, brother in law, mother and father in law too. It's been fun to use my new dishes and try new recipes. This year Dan and I decided to start eating vegetarian meals at home- saving meat for times when we eat outside of our house. My in laws have been gracious enough to eat my new recipes and forsake meat while in our house. 

We hosted Christmas, my first to host solo and my first Christmas with the McCurry family. It was a smashing hit. We had the most people our apartment has seen but somehow we made it work, 9 people and a tree.

I've cooked pesto pasta for Julianne and homemade vegetarian pizza for Jake, Julianne and John, enchiladas for Joanne and Kevin and chili and beer bread for....well, everyone. Today Kevin, Joanne and John came for lunch. Probably the last meal I will have a pleasure of having with them in our home in Longview. Today's menu: Garden Salad, Vegetarian Chili with Beer Bread -Thank you McGlinn's for your inspiration (today we used wheat flour though) and for dessert  Dark Chocolate Mousse. They say you aren't supposed to try new recipes out on guests but today I did. It was my first time to make the mousse. It was a little rich for me but my guests (and Dan) didn't seem to mind. I think it goes on the list of "do it again". Thank you McCurrys (and Clarks) for sharing in the memories or our first home, here's to many more meals together. 

2 comments:

  1. A.) Your welcome
    B.) I've started eating much less meat and more vegetarian. And am strongly considering transitioning to vegetarian (almost vegan really) inside my home. Thanks to you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Jake! Very excited. At first we didn't "feel" healthier but now when we are gone for a few days out of our house we feel the change. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete