Wednesday, July 3, 2013

College Boy

The count is now at 3 1/2 weeks. How did that happen?

We are giving notice to our landlord today. That feels good, to move towards the goal. A lot of days I feel like we are just waiting for time to pass by so that we can load the car. Our house looks like, well, hmmm. When we toured homes in AL one of the condos we looked at was occupied by two college boys- boxes and bottles everywhere, garbage overflowing, odor permeated the place. There were cords strewn across the living room from the fan to the outlet and from the outlet to the gaming system. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned or unpacked since they moved in- it was gross. Our place isn't quite that bad but it has a nod of 'college boy' to it. Messy, unkempt, not the dazzling beauty I'd like to be. My husband has to keep reminding me that "we're moving" hence looking like I haven't organized....ever, is okay.

It's been extra difficult to go to work this week knowing what lies ahead. I'm hoping you can relate so you can empathize with how we feel and maybe remember to pray for us.

My wonderful husband took the car in for a checkup/oil change yesterday and we were given the green light for traveling cross country- sigh of relief from detail oriented wife.

I couldn't resist-sunset from our deck this week. 
We have sold and are trying to sell most of our furniture/belongings on Craigslist but sadly there are a lot of flaky people out there. I was so surprised and now surprise has turned into irritation. We have had numerous folks inquire, talk big, set up times for pickup and then....not show up. I just don't understand. So if you ever can't make your Craigslist pickup do us a favor and call, email, text, something so that we aren't waiting. Good news is our neighborhood is having a community garage sale day. We think we'll join in the spree and sell like crazy- hopefully. 

2 comments:

  1. We have met many a flaky Craigslister too! I would never just bail on someone so it seems crazy that other people do it! Good Luck selling your goods and keeping sane in a disorganized world! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soak in the view, and try to ignore the sounds eminating from the little pond! I understand having a messy house, but just think, once you get to AL a whole new place to set up will be waiting to make beautiful. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete