Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Phase two, or is it three?

Enter phase....I've given up keeping track.I'm not sure there are phases to moving or packing just a steady stream of change. All I know is that I'm thankful I saved gift bags from wedding showers last summer, Christmas and Birthday, they've sure come in handy. We've sold our dresser and our desk, among other things, so we turned to the gift bags and shoe boxes to store our pencils and socks- how convenient?

30 days from now we will be setting up shop in Alabama. Meanwhile, we have started counting the final days of work here, we have all the directions printed for our trek east, and have started a pile of items to pack in the car and are preparing for our sale on Saturday.

If you lived in the area I would invite you to stop by our sale but I'm pretty sure none of you do. We're hoping it will be a smashing success and people will WANT to buy our furniture. We have been selling our items  on CL but with little success. I do have to give a big shout out to the nameless gentleman who bought our nightstand today. Our flaky customer #21 bailed yesterday so I gave this guy a jingle- well really a text- and surprise of all surprises he showed up today, cash in hand, to buy his treasure. I could have sold that nightstand 20 times if people were consistent with their first inquiry. But alas, its sold now and we are that much closer to funding our purchases in Tuscaloosa.

1 comment:

  1. Oh good! Is this sale part of the complex one? Are you hoping to get rid of the couch/chair/dining set then too? The apartment must be emptying out, either that or look like everything is multiplying (like my house whenever we pack to go anywhere).

    ReplyDelete