Saturday, July 13, 2013

Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad yard sale

Alexander wasn't really here today but you know what I mean if you've read the book. I'm embarrassed to tell you how much me made or rather didn't make on our sale today so I'll just keep that part to myself. I had such high hopes but if you're reading this to gain advice on how to move cross country here is my advice: don't bother with a sale unless you are in a terrific location. Dan and I came to the conclusion that we probably wouldn't go to a sale in an apartment complex either so can we really be disappointed?

I wouldn't say my morning was completely wasted. Since we had the sale in our home I baked cookies, washed dishes and made lunch all while strangers wandered in and out of my living room. I don't have to imagine the gasp from my grandmother- I heard it already yesterday when I explained that we were having the sale in our home. A little unconventional? Yes. But did I think  it was going to work for us, YES. Again dear readers I foresee better uses of your time then staging your house for looky-loos.

I took the lull in waves of traffic to upload more items on CL because even though people are a bit touch and go, I prefer the their go over our sale today. I also took this afternoon as an opportunity to rearrange our furniture, since we still have all of it. I thought it might be a nice chance for a change of scenery-literally. I moved the couch so that we can see the pond each time we sit down.

After my hopes were dashed today Dan took me to Burgerville to drown my sorrows in a fresh Oregon raspberry smoothie-mmmm tasty.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry Stephanie. But good for Dan for a little treat to lift your spirits.

    ReplyDelete