Monday, May 27, 2013

The Mighty Columbia

When I finished the 8th grade my grandparents took my brother and I on a camping trip to Grand Coulee, WA. I don't remember much about the trip, 8th grade was a while ago, but I do remember we went to a light show at the dam nearby. I seem to remember a fight with my brother, throwing shoes at one another and most importantly the narration during the laser light show. The voice kept repeating the history of "The Mighty Columbia", think deep and powerful voice now. It has become a joke between my husband and I, every time we cross over it or drive to it (which is often living in the Pacific North West) he somehow gets me to quote "The Mighty Columbia" in my deepest voice. Today we went to "The Mighty Columbia" to take some pictures for the blog. Imagine, I didn't have any-shocking I know. This part of the river separates Oregon from Washington- pretty cool huh? As opposed to East Wenatchee from Wenatchee. The one at the top of the blog will stay for now but here are a few others I'll share with you today. We came at just the right time as two tug boats were leaving after having directed their cargo safely to the port nearby.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment