Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Prepared

I don't know about you but it really helps me to be as prepared as possible (I think I missed my calling as a boy scout). Confession: before I got married I went to the library and checked out at least 20 books that pertained to the topic, if I'm gonna do this I'm gonna do it right. Sadly there are few books that talk about traveling from Washington to Alabama and as you know- not many resources online either but that didn't stop me from researching. I've been 'googling' like mad. All about trips and moves and southern lifestyles. And yes, I even went to the library too. There is something about knowing ahead of time what I'm getting myself into that makes the process so much calmer. Praying for a prepared heart and mind helps too. My husband is what we like to call "a free spirit", he is much more inclined to fly by the seat of his pants, you couldn't pay me to approach life the way he does but that's what makes us so great. He is ready for this adventure, ready and willing to take it as it comes, to travel and move and try something new. I'm ready too but with a little more hesitation. I'm ready to create spreadsheets of all the phone numbers we'll need upon arrival, I'm ready to find a place to live once we get there and hopefully within the next 11 weeks I'll be ready to move. I don't think my stack of books from the library can bring about the attitude my husband takes to all of this but maybe with a little prep I'll be one step closer to ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment