Thursday, January 1, 2015

Let the countdown begin

Happy New Year! I wonder what this New Year holds for you? For us, it will be a baby, a new job; a really good job mind you and some big adjustments. Depending on who you talk to this adjustment can be good or not so good. Often it's the seasoned women, the women who longs for the time when her kiddos were small, the mama who wishes she could travel back in time, it's that mama that tells me motherhood is a joy, that children are a pleasure and smiles sweetly when I tell her it's a girl. 

There is also the mama with the small children, the tired mama, and dare we say frazzled and overwhelmed; this is the mama that makes me nervous, 'cause when I tell her I'm staying home or that I have no family here or even that it's our first she gives me a half grin and says with a sigh "well it's an adjustment." 

Side note: This is a request from all first time mamas: just humor me! Give me the good stuff, smile sweetly and tell me what a joy its going to be. I'd much prefer to hear this story than the one about exhaustion, and frustration. I'm thinking there will be a little of both, joy and exhaustion, but let's hope the joy outweighs the exhaustion. 

We are counting down the days now, just 25 until her due date.  We've grown so much and are looking forward to the new year, both the exhaustion and the joy!





2 comments:

  1. I just posted a long comment and the Internet ate it! Took me forever to type on this iPad. Sorry. I'll try again later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,

    The JOY outweighs everything!!! Don't let anybody tell you that you don't have the very best job in the world!

    (Those years pass way too quickly. boohoo.)

    So very exciting for you! (I know the Great Grands are thrilled with all the new babies on the way!)

    Julie in Arkansas (Joanne's cousin)

    ReplyDelete