Saturday, January 31, 2015

40 weeks

Happy 40 weeks baby girl! Well, really 40 weeks and some days. We are quickly approaching the finish line, at least we keep thinking, and you keep surprising us with how long you're camping out in there. I promise we are not scary people but maybe you just need more time to marinate. Perhaps this is a telling sign of your personality, I too dislike being told what to do, being kept to a timeline and doing what people expect, so I'll be the first to say, you go girl! You show 'em who's boss. We'll keep right on supporting you. 


The doctor and I agreed yesterday that we would check things out again on Monday before setting an date to induce. 'Cause really, who likes to be rushed? Instead we are praying for progress and trusting that the Lord has a plan for this part of the process, we know he wouldn't leave us now!


We, yes your dad is a little anxious to meet you too, were happy to hear that there has been some change in my body from last week to yesterday. Your stats are still 'textbook perfect' as the doctor said and things are "happening", just a little slower than I imagined. But again, we trust you and my body and most of all the Lord to bring you about all in good time. See you soon precious one!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...I remember someone predicting that this little lady will be a February baby. I'm glad you and Dan are taking it in stride, supporting and loving her with her own timeline. I'm sure you're ready for her to be out. Should we all start texting every hour to start a stress-induced labor? ;)

    ReplyDelete