Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Your baby too

My brother asked me a couple months back if I was going to post weekly photos of the bump. Not thinking I would be one to participate in that trend I said "no." But this week I can't seem to help myself, especially since we (the royal we, baby and me, but mostly baby) have gone from slight pooch to really noticeable. 

And, there is also the fact that this is your baby too! Maybe you're missing seeing it grow. Maybe this is your niece or nephew, grandbaby or relative and in that case I think I'm totally justified in posting the 'bump' photos for you, 'cause I think you secretly or not so secretly care :)

To catch you up on what's been happening we have:

Thankfully sickness ended around week 16, this last month has been delightful. I think I actually enjoyed being pregnant this last month! Just tonight Dan gave a big grin at the table, he too is thankful I'm feeling better, we are eating meals now! Fully cooked meals, it's the small things folks.

And now we are in:



Yep, week 21. Past the halfway mark and fully in the second trimester. My, how we've grown (again, the royal we- baby and I). This week baby is 13 oz, only 380 grams. For you folks at home that is very tiny and yet big enough that I can feel baby move, squirm and give gentle kicks, think the size of a carrot. Super cool! Who knew that someone with 3cm legs could make such an impact!

It was hard for me to enter into full excitement mode when my head was hanging over the toilet (sorry if that is too personal) but full excitement mode is here now! We've been crafting (not Dan so much as baby and I) and decorating and cooking! Ahhh the joys of the second trimester, it is everything they say it will be and so much more. 

5 comments:

  1. YAY! So glad you are feeling so much better, I'm sure it is a crafting storm at your house after work. As to the baby bump pictures, yes, we McCurry gals love seeing them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gal loves looking at the pics, too. Achh...a million years since that season of life, but I DO remember that throwing up business. HORRIBLE! So glad you are feeling better!

    Julie in Arkansas - a Cousin once removed. (your mom-in-law's cousin)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely Yes Yes Yes on the pictures. We love seeing them!!! Are you going to post your crafting and decorating too? Hope so. Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOhhh Stephanie my love,
    I love hearing all these precious words and photo's! You are truly God's gift to us, thank you for sharing. I agree with Joanne, I would love to see photo's of the crafts and decor :)
    Mama

    ReplyDelete