Monday, December 16, 2013

Strange behavior

Dear South,

It has been a few days since we last talked, okay since I last talked, but I felt like you were such a good listener so here are a few more points that leave me stumped.

Men down here (and maybe a few women) like to sport these on a regular basis.

I may be from up north but last I checked 60 degrees didn't warrant winter snow boots. When I was growing up we begrudgingly wore these boots to remove snow from our driveway. It was anything but cool. Did I miss the memo? I guess with most fashion trends they don't have to make sense to catch on.

While I've noticed an abundance of extra thick footwear, I have yet to observe any PDA. In fact I'm pretty sure my husband and I are the only ones who hold hands or steal a quick kiss in all of Tuscaloosa. I think my friends in Washington would agree with me that this is abnormal. Abnormal for us at least. While I was living in Africa this kind of behavior was normal but I'm not in Africa, at least I thought. Anyway where is the love?

Too much or too little?
Newbie

No comments:

Post a Comment