Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Happy Birthday



Today is my half birthday, yep, that's right I'm 6 months old today. It seems like just yesterday mom and dad were bringing me home from the hospital. But today I've reached half of my first year. 
Yeah, I'm big stuff now!


This summer was pretty fun I guess, although it seemed like every four or five nights mom and dad were putting me to bed in a different spot. I used to sleep through the night (I'm talking 10-12 hours people!) but I decided I'd had enough of that so now I wake them up at 5am (or sooner), after all sleeping is for babies and I'm a big girl.  



You probably can't tell from this photo but I now have two teeth now. Pretty great stuff. Who knew teeth could be so good?!


I'm sure I don't have to point this out to you but I can now sit up on my own, that also happened this summer. Talk about a whole new world! There are so many new things to see, explore and experience from a sitting position, how did I manage before? 


Since mom and dad decided to drag us all over Washington (and Oregon and California) I met a lot of  new folks. I mean A LOT of new folks. I never knew we had so many relations. Best part is they all wanted a piece of me so I hardly ever had to sit on my own or entertain myself. I sure wish they'd come 'round again, it's pretty dull without them. 


Did I tell you I'm thinking about crawling soon? That's right I can get up on all fours. Moving my legs is no problem, but I can't get my arms to cooperate. I've tried and tried but just end up doing a face plant. Good thing daddy passed along a nice sturdy(aka big) head for me. I'll keep you posted on the upcoming changes. Mom and Dad have no idea what they're in for (wink, wink).

No comments:

Post a Comment