Thursday, October 2, 2014

Two places at once

Have you ever tried to live in two places at once? Believe me, I've tried it doesn't work. You end up missing one place and missing out on the place you currently live. I cannot live in both Washington and Alabama, I've tried unsuccessfully. Thus, Dan and I made the choice to be engaged- 
wherever we may live. 

I've also tried to live in both the States and Nigeria, this too was a failed attempt. This is a reality I'd rather not face sometimes; like today, when I really would love to be transported back, to live in both places at once. We've engaged ourselves in friendships and work and church here and yet every time Phyllis sends out an update from Nigeria or when friends go back from a visit I get a twinge of excitement sprinkled with jealousy. 
Oh, how I wish I could breathe in some hot, humid air from the bush. 


Or spend some time with the people I love. 





Alas, I live here and not there. So for now I'll breathe in some hot, humid air from our bush 


and spend time with the people I love, love, love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment