Thursday, October 17, 2013

I've Never

A popular youth group game. I've Never. You stand in the middle of the circle ready to fight for the win. Every chair around the circle is taken and the only hope you have of scoring a place to sit is to call out something you've never done. If someone sitting down has done what you haven't they have to rise and hopefully you are fast enough to land in their seat. 

If you are clever enough you create an upset in the circle by listing something that nearly everyone has done, except for you of course. We are learning more and more as the days pass, here are the things that happened just this week that I'm pretty sure would land us a chair if the South was the circle around us.


I've never participated in so many prayers for our nation, military or government. Granted we are in the middle of a shutdown but even before said changes were in operation our church brought requests for politics before the Lord often. (side note: I'm not saying this is a bad thing just a new thing for me)

I've never had to schedule church 'cookouts' around college football games. Is it an away game? Who are they playing against? Is it a team worth watching? These are things I've never considered before. 

I've never eaten or cooked anything with 'hog tail' in the ingredient list so I find it odd when people in our healthy living class find it a struggle to eat their green beans without such ingredients. 

I've never been appalled by the lack of BBQ joints during my travels.


Have you experienced any of these things? Would I get your chair?

1 comment:

  1. You wouldn't get my chair, but Brad did talk about BBQ and what a big deal it is down there. :)

    ReplyDelete