Tuesday, June 18, 2013

With a banjo on my knee

"Oh! Susanna, Oh don't you cry for me, 
For I come from Alabama with my banjo on my knee."



Have you met my handsome and talented husband? No? Well you should know he plays the guitar AND the banjo and today we aren't coming back from Alabama, that will be Saturday, no, today we are going TO Alabama! Without a banjo on our knee though, we'll leave that at home this week. But don't cry for us Washington, we promise to come back, we have to collect our banjo :) 






We have a busy week ahead of us. We are travelling down and back in a very short amount of time, and no, we aren't driving this time. But we are hoping to secure housing, get acquainted with the city and the folks we'll be working with and dream, plan and explore our soon to be home. Pray for us as we navigate uncharted waters. Thanks to the Jeffrey for loaning us the GPS- pretty sure you're gonna save our lives! Thanks to Joanne and Kevin for their support of the trip and thanks to Mom who insisted I go down too, it really was the better option :) 

I really like the show 'House Hunters' and this week we get to have our own version, without the cameras and cheesy doorbell sound effects. Do you like looking for places to live? Tips? Ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment