Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Thoughts and Views

My husband has a little saying that started with his family and has now become a part of ours. He likes to say  "tell me all your thoughts and views". Today I have a lot of thoughts and views.

We sold our second car last week, somehow it makes leaving seem real now. Blogging, packing, planning, none of that made our move seem like it was really going to happen but selling the car has.

Dan's grandparents can still remember their first home together, shared during their first year of marriage some 60+ years ago. They like to say "there is something special about your first home together". Our first home has not been perfect, especially if you've heard us talk about our neighbor who is a rapper, but even so it has been our first one together and I would agree there is something special about it, a place I hope we will remember fondly.

We have 7 weeks left now. We've decided to travel the northern route. Our first night is booked- we are staying in Glacier!

Thank goodness for my two sister in-laws who have both had yard sales this month. Instead of having our own we passed our boxes and bags off to them. Even if it doesn't sell I feel better knowing we tried rather than just giving it all away.

Side note my herb garden is coming along, just in time to pass it off to someone else. I was really looking forward to some fresh pesto and salsa but I'm sure they have herbs in AL.



No comments:

Post a Comment