Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Good Eats

It happened. The day I've been waiting months for finally came and went. We signed up for a CSA this year, for those of you not in the know CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. I bet there is one in your community too, you should check it out! Unless of course the idea of fresh, organic, good for you stuff doesn't sound appealing. 


I think I've mentioned before that shopping at the Farmer's Market brings happiness to my day, but this takes it to a whole new level.




  Members of the CSA, pay a fee of course, but have weekly produce delivered to a pick up point. There is a bit of randomness involved, I know sounds very unlike me, but I was willing to try a little unpredictability. The Farmer delivers fresh, and I do mean fresh with the dirt still intact, vegetables and fruits to your pick up point and you, the consumer, pick up your goods. You are told the day prior to your pickup what will be in your box, see? randomness.



 Our pickup day happens every Tuesday- unless there is a tornado watch in effect and in that case we move it to Wednesday. Our farmer picks what is in season and fills you box with recipes and goodness. Last week was radishes, carrots, salad greens, strawberries and green onions, is your mouth watering yet?

If you've been watching the news you know there have been a few tornados recently, one 7 miles from our house. If you love a good home video or just miss Dan's voice see below.



No comments:

Post a Comment