Sunday, January 5, 2014

Greener on the other side.

On a recent trip to Washington (State that is) we discovered a few things that Alabama does not have.




Roadside libraries. That's right, a borrowing system right on the street. How clever. If I had a house I think I'd be inclined to start my own little mailbox library. How about you? A little too close to the front door maybe? But such a nice idea, borrowing, sharing, neighbors. It felt very 'northwest' to see this little treasure. 




Alabama does not have ferry boats or....



Tall buildings




But they do have a serious shortage of sidewalks. I love sidewalks, the idea of walking without the fear of being hit by a car brings joy to my soul. 


Okay work with me, way off in the distance.....Alabama certainly does not have these, or anything like it. 


"The mountains are calling, I must go" John Muir

No comments:

Post a Comment